Kanye West Loves Jewelry

Check out Kanye West flauntin'the hip hop jewelry Jesus piece pendant! I saw this in Blender magazine and knew I just had to fire up the old scanner. Apparently, Kanye is not only sporting this bling-bling Messiah thing, he teamed up with Jacob the Jeweler (some renowned hip-hop jewelry cat) on the design and marketing as well. The 24-karat gold Christly charm is diamond-encrusted and crying ruby tears. It's a hard knock life for devoted Christian rappers in search of fine quality, tasteful accessories, I tell ya. Kanye's official quote on the topic is that "these are works of art, not sacrilege. I'm an artist, I like hip hop jewelry, and I'm a Christian, so it works out."

On Kanye's track "Jesus Walks" (from his debut album College Dropout), he rhymes:

"We rappers are role models we rap we don't think
I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way y'all need Jesus"

Word! Nice shout-out to Reege, too
Sources

0 comments